visits are suitable for Year 5 and Year 6 at Primary level and Year 7 to Year 10 at Secondary and have relevant curriculum links to English, History and Drama.Dates:
The project will run May to December 2016Numbers:
both venues can accommodate up to 30 pupils for a morning or afternoon session and up to 60 pupils over the course of a day.Transport:
free coach transport is available for visits to the Charles Dickens Museum in BloomsburyAt the Charles Dickens Museum pupils will have the opportunity to...
At Wilton's Music Hall pupils will have the opportunity to...
- · Step back in time and explore Dickens's beautifully decorated
home at 48 Doughty Street in Bloomsbury
- · Delve into the world of Dickens and his love of performance
- · Craft a stunning Victorian playbill using authentic techniques
- · Take part in a guided drama session
- · Create unique group performances around a range of fascinating
Dickens and music hall themes
- · Uncover the secrets of Wilton's Music Hall, the only surviving grand music hall!
- · Discover the weird and wonderful Victorian music hall acts who performed there
- · Go behind the scenes with an exclusive backstage tour
- · Rehearse their group performances with a live musician
- · Perform their acts for each other on an authentic Victorian stage!
To register your interest in this exciting project, please email David Graham (email@example.com
) or firstname.lastname@example.org
. Dates are limited to availability and sessions will be allocated on a first come first served basis. Please note that this project is only available to schools within London Borough Tower Hamlets.